Shaykh Muhammad Sa'id Ramadan al-Bouti

Här lär vi oss om våra förebilder: Sahaba, de lärda (Ulema), Allah's vänner (awliya) och de rättfärdiga (Salihin).

Moderatorer: Admin Basha, Khadimu

Shaykh Muhammad Sa'id Ramadan al-Bouti

Inläggav Abo Salim » fre mar 22, 2013 20:53

To Allah we belong and unto Him we shall return

News of our Shaykh, the Allama, the Imam, Muhammad Sa'id Ramadan al-Bouti's passing reached us. On Friday night, during his weekly lesson, in the Jami' al-Iman mosque of Damascus, from a criminal explosion in which his grandson Ahmad and a number of students of knowledge were also martyred. The hearts of those who cognise the value of the great have been ruptured with the news of this loss; a mountain of mountains and a luminary of the luminaries of knowledge.

He spent his life as a teacher, author, and caller to Allah. He was renunciate of the world and courageous to always disclose the truth; with this he exercised his independent judgement on the current situation and determined he was correct, all the while having no concern about gaining the pleasure or anger of people regarding it. Generations of this umma learnt from his lessons and books.

The Shaykh authored over sixty works in various fields that covered philosophical, theoretical, spiritual and sharia-based topics. He participated in countless conferences and seminars and had a specific role in the Algerian conferences of the 1980s that sought to critically review extremist and anathematizing thought. Shaykh al-Bouti was one of the most important signatories of the "A Common Word" document.

Allah graciously blessed me to learn from him, keep his company and travel with him. I saw in him knowledge, cautiousness, abstinence, a heart replete with the love of Allah and eyes that profusely shed tears of love and reverential awe. He rejected the world when it was often presented to him, sufficing himself with a modest apartment and that which helped him get by.

I spoke to him on the phone two weeks ago and the last thing he said to me was: "Only a few days of my life remain and I shall breathe the air of Paradise; do not forget your brother in your prayers."

Scholars who differed with him, let alone those who agreed with him, bore testimony to his truthfulness, integrity and cautiousness, and that he never voiced an issue except that which his independent judgement and inspection had led him to.

In his last days he used to say: "I sincerely hope that everyone who has slandered me or thrown accusations at me due to their own judgement is not spared the reward of a mujtahid*"

O Allah accept him as a martyr and grant him the highest Paradise, al-Firdaws, and make his arrival unto Your presence an intercession for himself, his family, his students, and in lifting the tribulation which has befallen Shaam, it's people and the umma, and grant him a righteous successor.

Those who find this heinous crime palatable by reason of their difference with the Shaykh's stance are accomplices with the perpetrators and share in the sin of murder and aggressing upon the houses of Allah.

(Vidarebefordrat från Habib Ali's hemsida)
Bilagor
735152_545667905473194_534408131_n.jpg
735152_545667905473194_534408131_n.jpg (65.38 KiB) Visad 3134 gånger
"The world is just a moment, so make it a moment of obedience." [Imam Shafi]

Återgå till Våra förebilder