An Evil End Due to Persistence in Sins

Här kan man diskutera om hur och vad du kan göra för att bli en bättre muslim

Moderatorer: Admin, Admin Basha

An Evil End Due to Persistence in Sins

Inläggav Abo Salim » mån aug 17, 2009 10:27

Written by Hazrat Maulana Shah Hakim Muhammad Akhtar Saheb (hafizahullah)

Shaytan misleads many people into indulgence in sins by making them think, “Enjoy yourself while you’re still young! Then make taubah later….You’ve got plenty of time!” Those who have this dreadful misconception should read the following story and take heed.

Hazratwala (daamat barakaatuhum) says: “One horrible consequence of persisting in sins which has been witnessed, may Allah Ta`ala protect us all, is that Allah Ta`ala takes away the tawfeeq to repent."

In Nazimabad, a section of Karachi Pakistan, there used to be a man who would commit evil deeds day and night. When he was on his deathbed a friend advised him, “Brother, you are on the brink of death now, at least make tawbah for the sins you’ve committed.”

So that man uttered a terribly frightening statement which is a lesson for all of us. He said, “I can utter any word you want right now. Tell me to say, doctor… or medicine… or tea…or biscuits…any of these words you ask me, I can say it. But that specific word that you are asking me to say, is just not coming out of my mouth.”

Tell me, how much admonition is in this story?! Why is it that a person can utter any word except for tawbah? What is so difficult about uttering these four letters, (ت، و، ب ، ه ( ?

Also, this is not a story from a long time ago. This is an incident that I have witnessed with my own eyes. So repent before that day comes wherein the ability to repent gets snatched away from you. Audacity in committing sins, shamelessness, and immodesty must have some limit! Have you completely lost all sense of shame and modesty?

It is for this reason that after the command اتقوا الله (Fear Allah…) Allah Ta`ala has commanded us to :
كونوا مع الصادقين (Be with the truthful ones…) In other words, those who are true and sincere in their piety and fear of Allah. Because it is through the company of these sincere people who are always fearful of Allah Ta`ala, that Allah Ta`ala will grant us the tawfeeq to make sincere repentance.

(Irshadat-e-Dard-e-Dil; Pg. 243 )
"The world is just a moment, so make it a moment of obedience." [Imam Shafi]

Återgå till Hur blir man en bättre muslim