BBC- Science and Islam 1: The Language of Science

Här diskuterar vi allt som publiceras om Islam i media, och hur man ska reagera på ett inteligent sätt i överensstämmelse med Profetens (frid vare med honom) moraliska exempel.

Moderatorer: Admin, Admin Basha

BBC- Science and Islam 1: The Language of Science

Inläggav Abo Salim » tis feb 17, 2009 21:57

As salamu alaykum

Här är ett intressant program från BBC om Islam och olika sorters kunskap. Klart sevärt.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxNEc2SSL58[/youtube]

The Language of Science
How the Islamic world increased scientific knowledge between the 8th and 14th centuries
Its legacy is tangible, with terms like algebra, algorithm and alkali all being Arabic in origin and at the very heart of modern science - there would be no modern mathematics or physics without algebra, no computers without algorithms and no chemistry without alkalis.

For Baghdad-born Al-Khalili this is also a personal journey and on his travels he uncovers a mathematician Al-Khwarizmi, who did much to establish the mathematical tradition we now know as algebra, to Ibn Sina, a pioneer of early medicine whose Canon of Medicine was still in use as recently as the 19th century, he pieces together a remarkable story of the often-overlooked achievements of the early medieval Islamic scientists.

Återgå till Muslimer och Islam i media